Here’s my catchy title but I just wanted to highlight some points tonight that my awesome youth leader made. Porn is sin, porn=lust, lust=sin and sadly sin=death. We all know this, but how do we beat it? How do I beat it in my own personal battle?
1 John 1:8-9
8 If we claim we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and not living in the truth. 9 But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.
1. Identify the Causes(Sin). Figure out what triggers your porn.
2. Take Responsibility(Our Own) TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOURSELF. Quit blaming society or your computer. Blame yourself. You looked, and you acted on your lust.
3. Agree with God(Confess). Confess to God that he is Lord overall. Ask forgiveness. Simple, but live it, don’t just talk it, shout it! Live it!
4. Accept God Sacrifice(Jesus) Same as agreeing but you have to believe it. You must believe it. God’s love is greater then anything, that is why He sent Jesus. Jesus died for me, and for you and for everyone. That is why it’s vital that we must SHOUT IT!
5. Don’t confess the Same Sin Twice(Faith). Be one and done. Confession is so much different compared to forgiveness. Confession is falling on your knees and crying about it. Forgiveness is what you have your son or daughter do. “Now tell him you’re sorry”. Don’t constantly think about it. That will only lead to more problems and issues of reoccurring sin.
6. Insist on Cleansing(rub a dub dub, I’m chillen in the tub). Be prepared to cleanse. Purge your mind of the porn and lust. Those images never quite go away, but try to forget. Keep thinking that God is greater. Or find your own saying, something that will remind you that God is so much more powerful then my(your) sin.
7. Now Act Like You’re Forgiven. It’s time to cut that depression, cut the crap and get real. Be real. Get rid of it! Quit mourning and get to work. Get back to war.
So this is it. This is relevant to any and all sin, but more so for lust. Please remember bounce. See it and bounce.
Over the summer I went to Lake Ann camp in Michigan. Everything there has a purpose, we did what was called the high ropes course. 50 foot up in trees you have to get over 3 or so different obstacles. We had to write down goals, here is what I wrote, this is the day after I opened up and confessed my sin to the group. “My goals for the high ropes course is to show that God’s love is greater than sin. I should love God more than my sin(Porn)”. We love porn as guys, we love it. That is why we must love God more than sin.